Rule 5.365. Petition for Dower

A widow may file an extraordinary petition for assignment of dower. The petition shall be filed in the court of each county where the widow’s husband had conveyed land in which the widow had not relinquished her right of dower before October 1, 1973. Formal notice shall be served on persons adversely affected. The proceedings shall be as similar as possible to those formerly existing for the ordinary assignment of dower.