Rule 5.050. Transfer of Proceedings

(a) Incorrect Venue. When any proceeding is filed laying venue in the wrong county, the court may transfer the proceeding in the same manner as provided in the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure. Any action taken by the court or the parties before the transfer is not affected because of the improper venue.

(b) Change of Residence of Ward. When the residence of a ward is changed to another county, the guardian of the person or the guardian advocate shall have the venue of the guardianship changed to the county of the acquired residence.